Tuesday, November 20, 2007

J'adore le Ladurée







Someone whom I got to know recently surprised me with this trinket yesterday! The giftbox in lovely shade of purple (a favourite colour - how did you guess?) contains eight sublime, scrumptious macaroons from Ladurée in London!

She who must have remembered my obsession with macaroons from the countless ravings I'd written on this space.

The bite-size macaroons burst with fantastic flavours that evoke an ineffable sense of joy.

To that special and thoughtful someone, thank you so much for making my day. Thanks for the wonderful spot of tea as well. It somewhat alleviated my coughing fit.

Paul's on me next time! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Theta,

You lucky girl!! What scrumptouos jewels, they are. Drool drool. When is Paul's opening? Can't wait..ha ha.

Unknown said...

Oh dear I meant scrumptious (betul ke?)..ha ha.

Nour said...

drooling......yummy yummy! Yup, you are one lucky girl :)

Anonymous said...

thank u that someone for making theta be at the top of the world!..

ah dear theta.. i think everyone who reads this blog cannot disassociate macaroons n u..

eh kat kl tu tak ader ker kedai yg jual macaroons? esp kat well know pattiseries?

Lady Gargle said...

*slurps*

Nak satu? ;)

Lee said...

Hi Theta, saw your callsign over at Ruby's where she twisted my ear. Ha ha.
Wow! I see your beautiful blog, see Audrey Hepburn, and the famous, "Breakfast at Tiffany's Pose'..or was it 'Sabrina'?
Anyway, seeing the pic tells me you one classy lady.
Thanks for the kind thoughts at Ruby's.
You keep well, Theta, UL.

Theta said...

Dear Ruby,
I inquired at both the Gardens and Pavillions, they said it'd be next year. I hope it''ll be in January 2008!

Nour,
Hehe. Thanks. Happy-go-lucky ;-)

Simah,
How true. My incessant ramblings on macaroons must've stuck on some readers' mind. Haha.

Only one bakery cum cafe has it - called Bakerzin and it's a Singapore-based chain. I still prefer Laduree's or Paul's though :)

Theta said...

Frankensteina,

Oops, dah habis by the second day. Hey, how did your homemade macaroons turn our?

U.Lee,

Thanks for dropping over. It's an honour having you here. :)

Classy lady? You do have a way with words, U. Lee. I try to be classy, as lon as I'm not PMSing! Haha!

Yeah, it's from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Holly Golightly.