Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bonne Anniversaire Mon Cheri



Today, three years have passed since we uttered our marriage vows,
Yet, it still feels like we were married yesterday.

I can recall the time when I chased you around the big oak tree on the University Quad in California for having the gall to say that I looked like Rafidah Aziz in my then big-lensed glasses.

And the time I looked forward to your letters from Kuching during the summer break before we went off to our respective colleges.

Also the time when I beamed a huge smile upon seeing you waiting for me at Chicago train station for our weekend outing in the Windy City. Always with a coffee in your hand to kickstart the day.

And the time I shed a few quiet tears in the train ride back to Indiana after a wonderful Fall Break in Evanston.

How about the night we spontaneously lied down on the sidewalk to make snow angels in the dead of Midwest winter?

Not to forget our unforgetabble series of adrenaline rush at Six Flags Great America during your Senior Graduation Week's activities. Love them roller coasters!

And how I like to wind you up for that California Love-infused silat performance on stage.

How about that 'relaxing stroll' wending through the dangerous overpass at Jalan Kuching on our way to a shortlived picnic in Lake Garden. Some passerbys gave us funny looks for lolling about in that ridiculous heat!

And that Penang trip to visit my twin's intended which was fraught with thrills and emotions, in between the rickety KTM service to Butterworth. A group of gangsta monkeys in Botanical Garden was one such highlight.

The trip down south to Lion City was equally memorable, with the whole family traipsing down Orchard Road.

And in the early days, each time you sent me 'home' at Bank Negara's Komuter station following an outing when we were both without cars. Now, in our 30-plus year-old bodies, we wonder how could we have walked all over the places in KL.

And of course, that absurdly long yet most cherished phonecall, discussing our future together, which had bumped me up to Cloud Nine.

Despite (or is it because of?) the initial hiccups and subsequent tiffs, we have managed to forge an inexplicable bond with some legroom to maneuver :)

Happy Anniversary my beloved, my kindred spirit. Thanks for everything that you've done to make all the moments in our lives count.

10 comments:

all jazzed up said...

OMG, did you really chase him around the oak tree at Redlands? OMG OMG... LOL. Anyway you guys... it's always heartening to see college sweethearts sharing their entire life together. I wish you guys all the best.. and WHEN are we getting together again? Cheh...

Lady Gargle said...

Happy Anniversary!

*hugs*

To a long happy marriage :)

also...

Bebeh you've been tagged ;)

http://frankensteina.blogspot.com/2007/11/tag-tagging-tagged.html

Iron Butterfly said...

Awwww... sis... that's a really really sweet dedication... bilo lah i pulok nok jupo kekasih hati ini.. (eh u understand kelantan-speak or not ni? kekekek)

Theta said...

Mimin,
Thanks dear for the well wishes. Get together? Weekends you free? Name the place and time! :) Preferably KL proper.....

Frankensteina,
Many thanks too!

Okay I saw your tag and will knuckle down to it soon!

Iron Butterfly,
Thanks for dropping over dear. I can comprehend Kelantan-speak quite a bit but I cannot, for the life of me, kecek Kelantan. Very kekok one! ;-)

wanshana said...

Theta,

Aawwwwhhhh...such sweet and lovely dedication...

Happy 3rd Anniversary, dear...

Here's to many, many, many, many more happy years together. Amin. Insya Allah...

Lollies said...

both of you look amazing in that photo!

ehem do you still have a photo of your rafidah aziz look alike. care to share? he he he

happy anniversary dear. many more wonderful years to come, insyaAAllah.

Unknown said...

Hello Theta,

My word, you two looked resplendant on your wedding day. You two make such a handsome couple..apa pepatah melayu tu (yeah I know it's cliche but still nice)..'Bagaikan pinang di belah dua'. Phewittttt! May you both be blessed with happiness and fulfillment sepanjang hayat, insy.

A.Z. Haida said...

happy 'belated' anniversary!
may you keep loving each other and grow old together ;-)

Theta said...

WanShana,
Thanks for dropping over. It's really an honour.

Let's pray for the longevity and happiness of our marriages! :)

Lollies,
I might have Rafidah-esque photos at my parents' but I need to scan them first. But can you first pay me royalty for showing to you? Haha.

Theta said...

Ruby dear,
Thanks for your beautiful words. They mean a lot. :)

And here's to you and your significant other!

AZ Haida,

Arigatogozaimas! :) It seems that our anniversary is almost a week apart? Hope it was a great one for you both, inspite of the death of your Grandma.