Monday, July 02, 2007

Meme: Tagged for Charity


On a lighter note

Again another tag by a fellow esteemed blogger, AZ Haida. Thank you dear for tagging me and I will now comply to your tag. Apologies for the usual one-week lag, but I would never miss a chance to complete a tag (hey it rhymes!) :)

Anyway, this meme originated from this blog. With such a worthy cause like this, I'm so happy to be able to take part and lend a (blogging) hand. As stated by Idham at his blog, this tag is extended to anyone who is willing to fill in the blanks a series of, what appears to be, soul-revealing sentences. Well, at least to me they are.

The tag will 'expire' by the end of July and upon completion of such meme, you must leave a message at Idham's blog to let him know that you've participated in his meme. This way, he'd be able to keep count. Here are the official rule again:

If you are tagged, you need to write an entry related to the meme. At the end of your entry you just need to tag as many person as you like. You will then leave a comment in their blog to let them know they have been tagged. And to include this message, "By doing this meme you are contributing rm127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage".
Then please copy and paste this rule somewhere in your entry.


The meme is about completing at least seventeen out of the following twenty seven sentences........ *These can be copied and pasted to your entry*

1. A person is only as good as the number of times he stays by his convictions
2. Friendship is always appreciated through selfless deeds and sincere actions
3. To love is to let go of all your inhibitions!
4. Money makes me think about my needs versus my wants
5. I miss going to the cinema with my hubby and watch the current box office!
6. My way of saying I care is by giving to those in need, either in cash or in kind
7. I try to spread love and happiness by cherishing my time on this earth and urging others to do the same
8. Pick the flowers when you feel like it!
9. To love someone is to fully understand the benefits and risks involved! ;)
10. Beauty is subjective
11. When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was fitting in at school
12. When I was twenty one, I remember the adrenaline rush of theme park rides!
13. I am most happy when I realise I've made a change in someone's lives
14. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my loved ones happy
15. If I can change one thing, I will change the insular mindset of (me included! :) )
16. If smiles were a commoditythen I will be the first one to patent it! :D
17. Wouldn't it be nice if we could see the positive side of things?
18. If you want to improve yourselfthen you have to take that first BIG step
19. Money is not everything but it sure buys the clothes I love (haha)!
20. The most touching moments I have experienced is seeing the doe-eyed look of my precious baby after she came out of my womb
21. I smile when I remember the funny and happy memories throughout the years
22. When I am happy, I am like on a euphoric high!
23. If only I don't have to go to work to earn a living, then I'll start on my first bestseller
24. The best thing I did yesterday was strolling my Delft town with my loved ones on a beautiful sunny day
25. If I ever write a book, I will give it this title,"A Year Amongst Tulips."
26. One thing I must do before I die is performing a Hajj with loved ones, God willing
27. Doing this meme, I feel like I'm contributing my small part to this incredible almsgiving

I hereby tag the following people: Blabs, Lollies, Simah, Pak Adib and last but not least Nina :).

Do be a sport and 'contribute' to this meme. Remember, each meme completed is equivalent to RM127 in donation that will go towards the Darul Izzah Orphanage. Anyone else wanting to add to the 100-tag count, by all means, do this meme and spread the word!

9 comments:

A.Z. Haida said...

arigatou!

i am sure you know that many writers actually started on their bestsellers while they were still working,
hence, i look forward to reading "A Year Amongst Tulips"...

fyi, tulip is my all-time favorite flower :-)

The Purple Cat said...

You got tagged too??
haha...I was thinking of tagging you, but someone got to you first, ya ;)

Mama Sarah said...

like your no. 16 :)

Unknown said...

Hi Theta,

Isn't it nice doing this meme especially there's a goal at the end of it.

No 1 That is correct isn't it? It is all about integrity.

No 4 Money is challenging. Too much of it, too little of it, enough, not enough..all these expressions go to show how thankful we are at the end of the day.

No 23 Don't we all wish! Ha ha. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

am in a rush.. will try to answer the meme tonite.... well at least be4 i lari balik ke sapanca this thursday nite...

hope life is great out there :0)

Theta said...

AZ Haida,
Really? I hope I can squeeze in to write during the weekend and such ;-)
Tulips? I love them too, but roses are predictably my first love :D

PurpleCat,
Read your meme. Funny! Oh well, we can tag each other next time! :)

Theta said...

MamaSarah,

Hehe! Senyum itu sedekah, right? ;)

Ruby,

Yep, we have to decide which ones to prioritise...but sometimes, the splurging heart rules over the rational mind...haha!

Theta said...

Thank you Simah!
Have fun in Sapanca! Sure looks like fun over there.....

Berisman said...

I am a bit slow to under what this 'meme' thingy.Now, i am a bit too busy.I will try to find time and do it b4 end of July.

Pak Adib