Friday, October 26, 2007

My Little Ballerina


Tiptoe, tiptoe,
It's a familiar refrain,
Tiptoe, tiptoe,
There she goes again.

My Little Ballerina,
On the tip of her toes,
Skeedadle, trot or walk,
In pants or lovely smock.

Tippytoe everywhere she fancies,
To the delight of aunts & aunties,
Some quipped about high-heeled shoes,
While others suggest indoor shoes.

Distribute the weight of her foot,
Back again to her underused heel,
I refuse to do so even if I could,
I don't understand what's the big deal.

I myself a tiptoeing baby,
Together with my dear twin sister,
Pirouetting away was so easy,
Doesn't mean we're out of kilter.

Wet blankets and pesky ninnies,
Think that they know way better,
Never give their thoughts a penny,
It's not to them you have to answer.

Tiptoe, tiptoe,
My beautiful daughter
Tiptoe, tiptoe
Enjoy your Pas Seul years

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

theta: Your daughter looks lovely in her kebaya. I hope your Raya was good!

A.Z. Haida said...

no pic of sadia in her kebaya gomol-gomol 'brutally'?

she's cute, your lil one, she is...

Lollies said...

oh i love this age. they all love to tip toe and is just so cute.

nice poem.

Theta said...

Eliza,
Raya was low-key but good in some memorable instances.

Hiccups aside, I'm grateful to be home to celebrate it with loved ones.

AZ Haida,
We had to snap the photos quickly before she realised we had duped her to wear the kebaya! :)

Wearing and picture-taking took in total less than 5 minutes! She'd yank at it and cry pleadingly to take the kebaya off!

Lollies,
She tiptoes everywhere that some (meddling) people are worried. I'm just enjoying every moment of it ;)

nuhaafnan said...

i like this poem! and sadia's outfit too!

but ahhh, nunu just outgrown the tippy toes phase. now, it's nompat nompat ala haka tribal dance. sigh... so tak girlish

Theta said...

Sadia tiptoes everywhere, even when she runs!

Also, she has her tomboyish moments too....especially when she has something up her sleeves!

My mischievous elf! :D