Sunday, November 02, 2008

And baby makes...

Lest the news be stale by the time I decide to write it, let me do the honour of putting the record straight. We are having a baby.

The rambling nature of my previous post, coupled with the insomniac episode and bottomless stomach, should have been an indication, if any. And all the talk about having another baby to make the panic attacks easier has ironically enough come to fruition, in a manner of speaking.

Also, there were the persistent dizzy spells and feeling of nausea which had rendered me horizontal for some days. I was feeling more fatigued than usual that I decided to break my sunnah fast in the middle of an afternoon after becoming exceptionally woozy.

I had my suspicions about being pregnant but I didn't want to put my hopes high. As such, I attributed the constant headaches to one of my PMS symptoms (interestingly enough, most pregnancy signs can be the onset of menstruation) while the bloatey, queasy feeling was always a culprit after eating the wrong kind of food.

However, my sense of intuition kept gnawing at me for failing to heed the apparent signs. So when the headaches and nausea became more pronounced, I threw caution to the wind and decided to get the home pregnancy kit. Last Sunday night. Yet, between the fear of being disappointed and the strong womanly instinct, the former sadly won. I dilly-dallied until the next morning.

Suffice to say, it was great news! I was overcome with mixed emotions. Exhilarated, disbelief, worry and most of all, gratitude.

As advised, we went to the clinic again in the afternoon to reconfirm the pregnancy and get a referral for an ob-gyn. Only then did I text my mom and three other sisters.

It sure is surreal to be expecting again. I remember the last time I made the excited series of calls to my family. That was late July 2005.

I pray to God for a safe pregnancy and delivery and a healthy, bouncing baby.

For now, the nauseous feeling still lingers. Thanks to God, I have a strong stomach.

8 comments:

أم الليث said...

yeaaaayyyyy i'm the first to say congratulations!

semoga your pregnancy and birth will be uneventful and easy (relatively :p). amin

sadia is gonna be a kaklong hihi

wanshana said...

Theta!!!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys! A good gap between Sadia and her baby bro/sis, I must say.

Hope you'll have a smooth-sailing pregnancy with minimum bouts of morning sickness, and insya Allah everything will be okay.

Do take good care of yourself, dear :)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news, Theta! You have to bring out all the books again, and the baby clothes and start planning a pregnancy wardrobe...:-)

Lollies said...

Wooot! Woot! Congratulations Theta. It's kind of nice to follow a blogger's pregnancy and the jubilation and the what nots. So I will keep track, Insya Allah.

Yayyyyy

Theta said...

Aliya,

Thank you for your kind supplication!

I'm taking it easy nowadays until the sporadic cramps subside.

WanShana,

Yeah, I agree it is a nice gap for another one. Alhamdulillah.

Thanks for your wishes!

Eliza,

My quintessential pregnancy book, as it turns out, was a borrowed copy from a friend. So I plan to get a revised version soon!

Maternity clothes? All I can say is I'm glad my three sisters and I are about the same size so we can hand-me-down each other's pregnancy clothes! Save some money on buying new ones! :)

Lollies,

Thanks dear. I had my first gynae's appointment yesterday's morning. Heard the fetus' heartbeat for the first time. It was surreal.

Unknown said...

Oh my word! Theta, congrats to the both of you & lil Sadia too (not that she understands yet..he he).

I think it's great to get Sadia a little buddy to play with. Just about the right gap too. Well done & take care ok.

A.Z. Haida said...

omedetou!
am so happy for u

take lots of calcium (and salt). am having lots of cramps too right now and that's what i've been advised...

our next baby will start schooling the same year, insya Allah, yeay!

Theta said...

Ruby,

Thank you for your kind words. On the contrary Ruby, Sadia has been clingy whenever I mention the other baby.

It's something she and us have to get used to.


Aezack,

I've my suspicions that you're pregnant after hints left here and there . Blogspot and FB. Congrats to you too!

Thanks for the tips. Let's pray for our safe pregnancy and delivery. Take care dear.