Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tagged : The Magnificent Seven

In the ever competitive world of blogging - who has the most hits per day, which old-(blog)timers have the largest fanbase, who has read the most books in the bookblog circle, and who has the most outrageous scoop in the so-po blog circle - , it's nice to retreat in your quiet little corner to soliloquize about the 7 wonders of your world. Or plainly speaking, as this tag by Aezack dictates, 7 random facts about me :


  1. I like to eat Chicken. Period.

    Any chicken dishes suit my fancy. As long as it doesn't involve any foreign parts of the chicken like gizzard or liver. The good old-fashioned greasy fried chicken is my favourite, bar none. I believe this strong affinity to the fowl started from my childhood where my mother always fed us the poultry for lunch and dinner. The domestic favourite is of course fried chicken. However, I should also qualify that I dislike the drumstick part of the chicken, whereas the most vaunted part is the wing! The more, the merrier.

  2. I clean my plate. And any other perishables, consumables and supplies for that matter.

    If you give me a plate of rice with the usual trimmings, I'd, more often than not, finish the spread. Naturally, the food must be palatable and considering my rather indiscriminate culinary taste, the probability of me scarfing down the whole grub is high. In the case of finger-lickin' chicken, I will eat the pieces until the bones are exposed for all to see. Even my MIL is impressed by my ostensibly 'Waste Not' motto when it comes to eating, but I shrug it off to the glutton in me. Also, I will use any consumer product to its last drop or squeeze. Toothpaste, chilli sauce, shower gel refill, shampoo and many others have fallen under this meticulous practice.

  3. I am not a groupie. Nor do I subscribe to cliquish mentality.

    Partly borne out of growing up in a family where two of my siblings are of the same age and partly due to a self-imposed reclusiveness, I rarely felt the need to venture out of my comfort domestic zone as a kid. I also abhor the politics involved in making friends back in school, most prominently amongst the feral-like females. It didn't help that I was an awkward and confused teenager, unlike others who throve on their adolescent hormones. Yes, I didn't mix much and can be socially inept when it comes to mingling with others. Outside of school and into college, this perception stayed and was reinforced by the presence of cliques in the Malay community. I find the 'automatic' solidarity existed among people coming from certain states of Malaysia stuffy and limiting. While it's nice to connect with your fellow countrymen when studying abroad, we must not do so at the expense of experiencing the (good) culture and meeting new people where you live. If one feels the pressure to behave in a certain way to please a group which in itself goes against one's principles, I'd be the first one to get out of the door.

  4. Patience is not one of my strongest virtues.

    I am stickler when it comes to being punctual for a meeting. Well, at least when it comes to meeting my friends for coffee or a movie. I'd lose my cool when he or she shows up late without any good explanation. Like leaving late for our tete-a-tete. However, when I'm the one being late, I'd expect them to understand. Heh heh - how unfair, right? Also, when I have set my mind on something, I'd want to get it done and over with as soon as possible. Like Now. I'd be restless and impatient until it's out of my To-do lists.

  5. Like Aezack, I used to have a crush on Richard Dean Andersen during the formative tween years.

    Other honorable mentions of crush are Simon MacCorkindale (of the Manimal fame), Richard Chamberlain (from the forbidden love of The Thorn Birds), and Jan-Michael Vincent of, what else, Airwolf. Perennial favourite actors are John Malkovich, Gary Oldman and Brad Pitt of course. :)

  6. I have two stitches on my forehead resulting from two separate incidents : (a) a major car accident on Federal Highway and (b) an attempt to fly off to a gate located on a steep decline.

    I vaguely remember the first, but I was told that we're hit by another car where most of the passengers unfortunately died in the accident. If I'm not mistaken, I was between the age of five and seven at the time. I do remember 'waking up' shortly after the collision and looking at others - my family members (except for brother, Shol) and an aunt - whom I thought were 'sleeping'. I then touched my wet forehead and saw crimson colour on my teeny fingers. Thereafter, I lost consciousness again. I can also recall indistinctly going in and out of consciousness at the hospital and the operating theater.

    The second one involves a former neighbour's gate in our old Shah Alam abode where I literally flew - flapped wings ala superhero - down the narrow slope and hit the galvanized steel gate so hard that it left a deep gash on one side of my forehead. Needless to say, I was hurried to the hospital for a stitch-up. The two incidents happened within a short period of one another and luckily the scars have long gone since that memorable time of my early childhood.

  7. Despite feeling jaded about some things in my life, I am a firm believer of soul mates. Some people might pooh-pooh it either as hogwash or an enduring byproduct of Tinseltown. I do believe there is someone out there who understands and accepts us completely and unconditionally. That someone thinks the world of you and would even risk his/her life for you. It might not be someone whom we end up marrying - it can be a friend, an elderly person, a mentor or even someone in the family. It's a tall order this soul mate business, but I reckon it's far from impossible. I'm grateful that I got to marry mine. :)




There you go, my Magnificent Seven facts. By the by, The Magnificent Seven is one of my favourite movies from the '60s. The dashing Yul Brynner cut a fine figure in his Cowboy outfit and macho swagger. Another great actor - this one is a legend.

I won't be tagging anyone this time around as this meme tag has been around for a while. However, please give it a try if you like and let me know so I can pop over to your place and take a gander.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u must be an arden fan of KFC then?

interesting... interesting indeed... yeah..i am a stickler for punctuality as well.. memang bengang kan kalau kita sampai on time only to see the person we r meeting tak sampai lagi??

sori lama betul i dah tak datang sini... tak sempat... u take care eh? hugs...

Theta said...

Simah,

Thanks for dropping by. Miss hearing from you. :)

Actually, truth be told, I'm not much a KFC fan. Sure I have my KFC craving moments, but there are few and far between compared to my Nandos moments. Heh Heh.

I love the spicy quotient of Nandos.

And I think A&W chicken is quite good too. It is just underrated.

Hugs to you and all the best of luck with your cycling jaunts!

A.Z. Haida said...

1. I like chicken too, especially chicken rice

2. I sometimes eat garnishing, hehehe

3. Cliques or groupie? Hmm... not sure if belonging to an usrah (while being friends with not-the usrah-type) could be called a groupie, heh heh

4. I am learning to be more patient now...

5. Jan-Michael Vincent is "da man"...

6. I have stitches on the corner of my lower lips - courtesy of my own brother who hit me with a plate
when i was 6

7. Soul mates, eh? One is lucky if gets to meet one... lucky you!

Theta said...

Aezack,

1. Chicken-philes unite!

2. Garnishing eh? Not much of a vege fan, but with enough salad dressing I'd eat them :)

3. :D

4. It's a learning curve for me ;)

5. *High five*

6. Ouch! There are all gone by now I think?

7. Alhamdullillah.