Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Long overdue Tag


Lest I should procrastinate further, I resolve to complete this particular meme tag now. I'm currently down with a cold - sneezing uncontrollably and sniffling - that induces me to finally bring this tag to fruition.

Many gracious thanks go to the lovely and cheery Simah who had tagged me to list out five of my favourite links.

Here are the rules:

1. MUST be clean. No X-rated sites.
2. Only FIVE links.
3. MUST tell 5 people.
4. A link back to the person who tagged you. (That'd be Simah!)
5. An active link.

So here goes mine:


  1. The New York Times Online is a favourite daily that I often trawl anytime of the day. It covers a gamut of interests from archaelogy to psychology to arts. I always find some wonderful reads here.

  2. MStar is a local news' reference point that I go to whenever I want up-to-the-minute development on topical issues. Introduced by my husband, it's a bilingual site (but more of Malay written pieces, I'd say) that collates news from local newspapers and newswire (Bernama). You have to check out the Kolum Kakak Tua, a sardonic spin on all Malaysian celebrity news. It's simply hilarious.

  3. BukuMuka or Facebook! is a newfound love which is slowly tapering off. Whew! While it's nice to find old friends on this cyberspace, I confess that there are some stuff in the past that I'd rather have left buried indefinitely.

  4. Free Dictionary offers not only words galore but trivias and other interesting historical facts. Try your hand at Hangman (on the righthand side). It's one of my MUST go-to sites. :)

  5. Last but certainly not least is, JCrew, an iconic American clothing store that showcases classic and timeless style. Its clean lines and durable fabric make for an eclectic mix of fashionable wear. JCrew is the place where I hop to whenever I need to revamp the look of my apparel. In general, it gives me a rough idea of what works for me. It's a piece of college years that holds many fond memories (I only bought at a deep discount). I must say that the prices have gone up over the years (what else is new!) but luckily not at th expense of quality. And no, I don't buy online because (a) they are so expensive and (b) they don't deliver in Malaysia (bummer!).


So, there you have it folks, the random five of my favourite links. Since I had deferred doing this tag for a while and most people that I know have done it, I won't be tagging anyone. However, if I have inadvertently missed out anyone who have yet to put the tag to task, by all means please take a stab at it. I'm interested to see your links.

Now for some lukewarm lemon juice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear theta..thanks 4answerng the tag...:0) *free dictonary*..i think a definite must for a girl like u.... looking forward to see the restof the sites.. u take care dear! :0)thanks again...

Unknown said...

Hello Theta,

Oh ok 5 of your fav sites.

Me too. I have not managed to do a few tags. I had to apologise to my taggers lah. Gosh!

Cheers dear.

Unknown said...

The Free Dictionary is cool.

Nour said...

Hi Theta,

Need to add you to my facebook list..whats yr email add tagged to your facebook? :)

Theta said...

Simah,
You're most welcome.
Haha, you're spot-on on the dictionary part. ;)

Ruby,
Those are random five favorites. I have others like babycentre.co.uk.

I like FreeDict more than I do MerriamWebster (www.mw.com), eventhough I found MW first.

MW has too many 'limitations.' :)

Nour,
Can you click on the facebook icon on the right-side bar of this (blog) page?
You can then add me and I'm more than happy to return the favour. :)