Friday, March 16, 2007

Spring Is In The Air!

Holland is enjoying a long respite of warm weather since last Saturday. The air is crisp, the birds are chirping, flowerbuds are jutting out. Yesterday, we took the chance to amble leisurely on Delft's cobblestone roads - especially to the parts of town we'd yet to tread on - with the habitual stop at a local cafe for a cuppa and lolled around as if time had stood still.

A suspension in time frame, you ask? That's how I feel nowadays. Days seem to merge with one another that I, more often than not, confuse the timeline for which a series of activities have taken place! Did we buy this today or two days ago? When did we cook nasi goreng - yesterday or this morning? Those kinds of mundane, everyday things. Ahhh, either my grey cells have slowly whittled away or my slow-paced lifestyle in picturesque Delft has yielded a Sybaritic attitude towards life in general. To pun a hackneyed saying - 'Such is life!'

In any case, despite the intermittent sunshine peeking through the clouds in the afternoon, the weather has gone to the 'darkside', preferring to cloud us over in a state of gloominess.

As I gather my thoughts for a weekend of our customary sortie, I know for a fact there's nowhere else I'd rather be in the world than here with my family.


Sadia's virgin walk on Delft Square


So bright out!


Finally falling asleep on the bench


View from our seats inside Kaldi cafe


Cafe latte in a novel lightweight tempered plastic glass


Another vantage point


Mochaccino with cafe interior in the background


View outside the cafe - Hotel Vermeer where we stayed is across the canal


Breathtking view of Delft famous landmarks, taken from one of the many canals


On the bridge with The Dutch Army Museum (LegerMuseum) on the (left) background


'Self-portrait'

2 comments:

NorAiniJ said...

Nice entry. I was there in Holland exactly 1 year ago. I can still feel the warm breeze... Holland, one of my fav EU destination.

Theta said...

If you ever decide to come again, do drop by Delft. I recommend it highly ;-)