Saturday, January 13, 2007

Addendum to The (Not So) Wonderful World of IM

1) Truth be told, I'm new to this realm one calls IM when I first tinkered with it, back in late October 2006. It's not so much because I'm a technophobe, it is due to the lack of fast access to internet. As such, any knowledge concerning proper IM conduct and decorum has yet to be ingrained into my psyche. So if anyone has a reference along the same line as 'IM for Dummies' please, by all means, let me in the know.
2) The reason I sign in and remain 'Available' on an IM (or YM) screen is solely for my friends (and family) to buzz me, chat, gossip and catch up on old times. It's not a conniving scheme to fish for weirdos or flashers.
3) That said, I'm as curious (or naive - have it your way) as the next person when someone - who appears relatively harmless - invites you to view his or her webcam. But after learning the hard way, no more free webcam viewing for me!!!
4) Technology such as IM enables us to bridge the gap between people, no matter how late the night, no matter where you are - sipping coffee in Starbucks (I'm craving for Starbucks now), in the middle of the dessert for field work - and no matter how trivial or frivolous the matter on hand.

How I love (user-friendly) technology! :)))

No comments: