Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday Dedication (Albeit Belatedly)


Dearest love,
Two days have passed since your birthday. It's a milestone in a way - It's probably the only time I am heavily pregnant during your big day.

Thank you for the wonderful dinner on your birthday, although we could well do without Sadia's unpredictable antics that night. Let's celebrate again this weekend, although work might get in the way again as you need to clear a lot of things before the OTHER big day.

Thank you for being the best friend a girl could ever have and for understanding the nuances of my emotions all these years together. It's my fervent desire to be as attuned to your needs and feelings as you have been with me. Thank you for being my life partner, soul mate and my MAIN cheerleader. You have tempered my angst through your patience and witticism. You're the voice of reason when I need a second opinion.

On this *ahem* birthday of yours, an evergreen upbeat song came to mind. Remember the car ad long time ago with this song on the background and how I was gushing over it? And that the song being featured in one of your favourite movies, Parent Trap (the Lindsay Lohan version)?

So before I go off tangent, here's one for you, Ying. I pray to God that we will celebrate more of our birthdays together. InsyaAllah.


L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore can

Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please dont break it
Love was made for me and you

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore can

Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please dont break it
Love was made for me and you
Love was made for me and you
Love was made for me and you



1 comment:

pugly said...

I've never seen such a perfect set of teeth of any bloke before. He must make his dentist proud :-)