Wednesday, June 17, 2009

...And Baby makes Four *

(* shamelessly borrowing from hubby's FB status update)

Praise be to God, our son Saeif Tufail was born on 14th June at 0031 hours. He weighed in at 3.52 kilograms and 50 cm in length. My twin sister quipped that he's the heaviest so far among our parents' grandchildren. With Saeif, there are presently 10 grandchildren in the Mohammad Ali clan - five boys and five girls altogether.




Labour-wise, it was less stressful and a relatively fast procedure. I was more than glad hubby made it in time to hold my hand and offered the much-needed emotional support. Even though I had to spend some time alone due to the lack of domestic help, the ME-time had helped to calm me down and contemplate on some familial matters. Words of gratitude and thanks go to my loving mother, my Kak Long and her three girls in tow for entertaining Sadia in the ward room when I was in the throes of labour.




Now I am safely ensconced at home under the privileged care of one delicious confinement man and at the beck and call of one heavy milk drinker. It has been Day Four of Confinement and I am already hoping that my nose has shrunk to its normal size. The rest of me will take some time though. :)



Today saw me being pummelled and twisted by a traditional masseur ('tukang urut') who even provided some rempah for drinking and bathing. The one-and-half hour session rejuvenated my senses that I am the only one who has yet to take the afternoon nap. Coming dears!

5 comments:

nuhaafnan said...

alamak, you popped already! i must have missed your status on fb. alhamdulillah & congrats to to big sister sadia!

wanshana said...

Hi Theta,

Congratulations!!! He's so gorgeous...

My apologies for this rather belated wish. I knew about it via your FB hari tu, tapi tak tersempat nak leave any comments/wishes, etc. Sorry :)

Here's wishing you lots and lots of patience throughout your confinement period. Have fun being uli-ed by the tukang urut, and try to stick as much as you can to the pantang rituals and food, dear :)

Take care!

The Purple Cat said...

Wahhh....ada baby baru!! Comelnya!! :D
I haven't been in here for quite sometime. What a pleasant surprise!!
Alhamdulillah and Congratulations!! :D

Cosmic_GurL said...

50cm?? Waahhh so tall...hehehe...a very handsome boy la Theta..congrats again :))

Nour said...

congratulations theta!