Saturday, January 31, 2009

Interlude: Wait a While

They say the higher progesterone level running through the system wreaks emotional havoc on some hapless pregnant women. Some become easily antsy, annoyingly needier or discover that their tear ducts have a life of their own. In my case, I'm presently relegated to the third group (although there were prolonged relapses into the other two categories).

Recently, I found my eyes leaking after watching Petronas' latest Festive commercial for Chinese New Year. While reading Cecilia Ahern's book, PS. I Love You, I got all choked up. Any reading materials - blogs included - were not spared from my weepy bouts.

Lately, songs begin to get to me too. A heart-wrenching movie soundtrack, even a slow number called "It's Time to Wake up' from Johnny & The Sprites fell victim to this new lachrymose habit.

A fortnight ago, a particular song entered the recesses of my mind and refused to leave. Whenever I croon parts of the song that I know, I would cry. It reminds me of the times whenever the other half leaves for an overseas assignment. Sappy me.

One of my favourite P. Ramlee's songs, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember the movie from which I heard it. Yesterday, I managed to find out it was from one of my least favourite P. Ramlee's movie, Sarjan Hassan, a patriotic vehicle starring P.Ramlee, Saadiah and Jins Samsudin. Without further ado, here's the lyric* and video for your viewing and listening pleasure.



Tunggu Sekejap
-----------

Tunggu sekejap wahai kasih
Kerana hujan masih renyai

Tunggu sekejap
Dalam pelukan asmaraku

Jangan bimbang
Walaupun siang akan menjelma

Malam ini
Belum puas ku
Bercumbu dengan dinda/kanda

Tunggu sekejap wahai kasih
Tunggulah sampai hujan teduh

Mariku dendang
Jangan mengenang orang jauh

Jangan pula
Jangan tinggalkan daku seorang

Tunggu sekejap
Tunggu







Let's hope I will be a little less lachrymose in the next trimester.


*the lyric differs from Rafeah Buang's rendition. Some lines are rather provocative for that time, I must say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear theta!! u have a bu in the oven?? CONGRATS!!!!!

lama betul i tak dtg sini... rindu la!!

how r u? how long is the baby now? u take care eh? enjoy crying hehheheheheh hugs..
congrats again!!

Theta said...

Hi Simah,
Thanks dear. You've been on a hiatus too, I notice. I hope you're enjoying going back to teaching :)

I'm about 20 weeks now.

You take care too!