Friday, February 08, 2008

Kuching Second Day


We went to visit Adet's friend at her new house somewhere in Matang, which serves another purpose of checking out the house two doors down for Adet to buy.
Thereafter we headed to Satok to buy some durians and small, eensy weensy bananas which Sadia ate with gusto. All four of them. The bananas were dirt cheap to an urban dweller like me.
Back home, my MIL, Adet, hubby and I 'walloped' the 'fragrant' durians the Sarawakian way - tempering its potency by eating it with powdery sagun. Nice touch. Burp!
Off to another new mall, Boulevard, we went next. Unfortunately, we got lost for a long while at the Batu Tiga roundabout, opting to take two wrong outlets than the right one, just because it pointed towards Serian and Sibu.
We tried yet another Kopitiam place, Ipoh Town Kopitiam in Boulevard - a run-of-the-mill joint with a bitter aftertaste for White Coffee. After a relatively 'upscale' The Spring, I was disappointed with Boulevard's shoddy interiors and tacky decor.
In fact, we left for a more copacetic The Spring and had our dinner in Kenny Rogers and bought some grocery at Tai Kiong, the Kuching's answer to Cold Storage. Gotta rest my stomach now - for some reason, durian and white coffee don't agree with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coffee and durian? awwwww theta!! u r one very xtra ordinary girl :0?... hope u will be fine soon...


u sure look like u r having a swell time there!

happy holiday!...

Theta said...

Hi Simah!
Nice to have you hear again! :)
But seriously, I know not of any taboo related to coffee and durian, but my stomach churned badly right after I had the coffee, which badly needed a toilet intervention. Hehe!

And for the rest of the night, my head was still reeling from the durian effect. :D