Thursday, December 13, 2007

Three Birthdays at Once

Going to be a busy week until the weekend, due to distractions on the home ground, so to speak. For now, here are photos that took place last Saturday for the belated birthday celebration of my two nieces - Elisa and Zahra - and nephew, Zaris. Elisa and Zaris are early December-born while Zahra was born somewhere mid-October.

As accustomed, the gathering was held at my Grandma's in Kampung Bahru where we also welcome home my cousin, Adam who arrived from the UK earlier in the morning. (His parents were to arrive the next morning).

The wholesome spread, cakes and ice-cream made for a lively get-together. My little brother even brought a new someone special to the do, much to my family's surprise. This was the first time she was introduced to us. I hope she wasn't overwhelmed by the hullabaloo that defines almost all the Do's taking place in Kampung Bharu. :)

Sadia got a bit antsy however, due to the lack of sleep and preferred to cling to either one of her parents. She even refused to join in singing the birthday song.

The birthday kids were contented with their piles of pressies, consisting mostly of clothes and a sprinkling of toys.

Speaking of birthdays, I'm glad to know that a special momentous one will occur near to Raya Haji. :)

Elisa, Alya and Zaris


The loquacious Zahra


Get ready to blow the candles!


My gregarious cousins - (top) Nani and Ya; (bottom) Wawa and Mimah


Sofia in the background while Elisa was busy unwrapping presents


All mine!


Cousins Ameir and Aka checking out the toys with Zahra and Sofia


Feeding Sadia one of the birthday cakes (don't mind the ice-cream stain)

4 comments:

Lollies said...

oohh pity sadia was feeling sleepy. zachary is like that still. when he is sleepy, nothing should go wrong. even the slightest knock, he would go all sad.

The Purple Cat said...

I love bithdays :) Especially the "bukak prezen" sessions ...haha...

We had a few joint birthday celebrations too this past month.

Lee said...

Hi Theta, Your mention of kampong Baru brings back memories to me.
Used to have a few friends, and ahemm, couple of girlfriends there too. This before Merdeka! As well abit after Merdeka.
I did a post about this place wayyyy back, plucking jambu ayer up a tree and spitting the seeds out, ha ha.
Then played badminton there, but would lose when friend's pretty sister came out to watch. She watch me play, I watch her, I lost the game, arhaaa ha ha.
I bet the place now changed a lot, huh?
The last time I balek kampong, couldn't recognise Jalan Ampang.
Nice pics you have here. Wow, the kids all so cute!
Anyway, you keep well, Theta. If free drop in for coffee, UL.

Theta said...

Lollies,
She's like that, Sadia. When everything is out of whack with her schedule, she'd be grumpy!

PurpleCat,
Me too! Opening presents is my favourite moment, better than blowing out candle time. :)

Uncle Lee,
Are you sure you were not flirting with my mom since her string of younger brothers always played a variety of sports - badminton, takraw - on the open courtyard facing the house? Hehe.

Kampung Bharu has indeed changed a lot. Some tall buildings which, to me, destroy its idllylic charm.