Monday, December 25, 2006

Five Things You Don’t Know About Me


The relatively low profile (and if I might boldly add, underrated) nature of my blog postings vanquishes any lofty hopes of being tagged by other bloggers for any noteworthy or fanciful projects.

As such, unabashedly copying one crazy tag I had happily discovered at Daniel Rezner’s blog, I am solely dedicating this entry to these random, frivolous ‘outings’:

1) Throughout most of my teenage years, I was this lumpy, hunched-down, big glasses, angst-ridden girl - not to mention an unsmiling countenance and unkempt hair - who maintained a tough (read: tomboyish) exterior to ward off any spark of interest (as if!) of would-be predators (read: sex-crazed boys)
2) Most of you already know that I have a twin sister, but the world at large is not privy to this particular trivia – my eldest sister is born in the same year as us twins i.e., she was born in January and the twins in December. My mother, after the umpteenth times, gave up explaining to people the circumstances of our birth and resorted to exclaiming that we are triplets!
3) My favorite adolescent snack was a mugful of raw Milo mixed with a liberal, decadent serving of sweetened condensed milk, eaten with a spoon while catching up with tv programs or pop-idol magazines
4) Between the age of nine to (at most) fourteen, I kept a book which recorded the student names, activities, school outfits, architecture and other nitty-gritty of my imaginary life as a school teacher cum founder of a ‘cool’ yet expensive boarding school. The name of my schoolmarmish alter ego was Mariana Lastina (and not the horribly executed Malay motion picture, Maria Mariana, alright?!)
5) The four of us (my sisters and I) were in cahoots with our parents to get us out of school early one day, in order for us to catch the incomparable David Copperfield’s show, live in KL. We told a white lie to the ‘Penyelia Guru Petang’ (Head of Afternoon (school) Session) that we had a family emergency in town that needed immediate attention

I now pass the batons to my steadfast blog-colleagues, Esduren, Rizby, Venny and newbie, Kak Adib. Moreover, readers - avid or occasional - are more than welcome to post their Five Things at the Comment section or by tagging it to their blogsite. Care to enlighten us with some grimy details? ;-)

No comments: