Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Quick-take

Malaysian time: 10:30 a.m.
Date: Saturday 14th January 2006

My gynae announced that my baby is facing head-down inside my uterus. "But she is not engaged yet." he absentmindedly added. Wow, that is soothing to know.

Of course, I'm not engaged yet - if not I'd be whiny and suffering excruciating pain! At least, that is my perception of contractions at the moment. I've been having some form of tightening and abdominal pains akin to wanting to go to the loo - but is that contraction?

Well, only time will let me have a free-hand over contraction.

Speaking of time - I have 6 more weeks to go. Yikes, the clock is ticking.

And speaking of my gynae, he is quite a character. Once, he was showing us the ultrascan of our baby and pointing what certain areas of the scan represent. He said that these are the arm buds. It's B-U-D, he spelled for us.

Huh? Did he expect us to think it was B-U-T-T? How insulting.

Anyhow, a trip to the gynae is always unpredictable and amusing. Though I do sometimes find his nonchalant character quite infuriating. My only wish was him to be more expressive and non-android-like.

Though he has his moments - like when he informed us of the amniocentesis and I was bawling in his office, he offered me tissues and reassured me of the 'facts'.

The countdown is nigh!

The baby is now facing downwards but she may continue to change her position. Perhaps now, I should practice counting her 10 daily movements. Something which my gynae has yet to inform me. Hmmm, perhaps he hasn't done so because he thinks it is not time yet? After all, my erratic womanly cycle led the doctors to guesstimate my due date as early as Feb 25 or as late as March 4.

We will wait and see her developments these next 6 weeks!

No comments: