Saturday, September 02, 2006

My hapless Sony Ericsson J230i

My cell phone got stolen today.

Well, technically I left it at this cafe where my husband, baby and I went for breakfast. We decided to go to KLCC thereafter to do some last minute shopping before our trip, when I realised my mobile phone was not in its place in the baby-friendly bag.

In a harried fashion, I doublechecked the bag for the blasted thing. We even went down to the car again to see if it had fallen into the floor. It was nowhere in sight!

We then drove back to the restaurant - Kluang Station in Tesco Ampang and inquired the busgirl and busboy and even the cashier if any of them had seen my lovable phone.

Everyone answered in the negative but the manner in which one of them replied made me suspicious. She looked nervous and fidgety. I didn't have anything to back me up so I let it pass, much to my annoyance and anger!

I was so upset that it happened nearing my departure date for Holland! And this is compounded by some last minute problem that cropped up with respect to this trip.

To appease to my dispirited state of mind, we subsequently bought a new phone. Of course it is nice and carries more features than the one that went missing. But that is not the point.

Something of sentimental value had vanished from my presence. It has some memorable photos and text messaging of people that I love. I'm furious! Grrrr!

Now that this fateful day almost ends I have slowly come to terms that my time with Sony Ericsson J230i is meant to be short-term. I will chuck away the phone charger lest the new phone might think it's a rebound phone.

This incident marks the second time I've lost a cell phone. The first one was 3 years ago when someone stole my handbag in the prayer's room (or surau) in KLCC whilst I was performing the ablution (or wudu'). Naive me - I had left my handbag on the prayer mat to take wudu' and when I returned it had disappeared!

I am angry that a person could do that in a surau - I lost faith in the decency and honesty of fellow mankind that day. And history repeats itself today when I am harshly reminded by the reality of people's bad and at times cruel intentions.

Well, my track record isn't half as bad as my husband though. That also helps to put things into perspective. My beloved has lost 12 cellphones ever since he owns one back in 1998! Thanks dear for cheering me up and let's hope the curse we set on the perpetrator comes true!

No comments: