Friday, June 11, 2010

Reminiscence


June 1997

The night's stillness is my steady companion,
As I lay awake to pen this whimsical thought,
For an occasion so special I shall never forget.

That sincere smile etched in my wretched mind,
Not a trace of veneer in this transit place,
A 'Sunny' California where I felt desolate.

A connection was easy from the first time we spoke,
With him around I could bring my guard down,
Along with my idiotic thoughts and childish sounds.

Friends cheered us on for an expected union,
An adolescent rush yet reined in my emotions,
With a heart at stake I proceeded with caution.

The college years whizzed by like the wind,
Our special bond had evolved and matured,
Is the next logical step in store for sure?

Alas, maturity and a string of sticky issues,
Came to the fore when the L-word prevailed,
Could a thing so good take the wind out of our sails?

When it is yours, it will come back to you,
A wise adage that manifested in the end,
Obstacles aside, we gave us a second chance.

Beautiful wedding and five years on,
How inspiring it is to grow old with you,
To learn from mistakes and ask forgiveness too.

Have a Happy Birthday to my soulmate,
My other half and my partner in crime ;) ,
Here's to more celebrations in our lifetime.


May 2010

No comments: